Dr. med. Christof Melcher
Specialist in orthopaedics, chirotherapy, sports medicine, acupuncture, degree in osteopathy (German-American Academy for Osteopathy, DAAO), osteology (German Osteology Association, DVO)
- Studied at Justus von Liebig University, Gießen
- After receiving his medical licence (1990), continued training in surgery and internal medicine
- Several years’ experience as a general practitioner
- Further training to qualify as an orthopaedic specialist at the Central Army Hospital in Koblenz (Bundeswehrzentralkrankenhaus) and the orthopaedic clinic in Braunfels ob der Lahn, qualified as a specialist in 2001
- 2002: Joined an orthopaedic/surgical joint practice in Wiesbaden-Biebrich
- 2011: Moved to the orthopaedic/surgical practice “Orthopädie im Zentrum” at Asklepios Health Centre
Outpatient operations: foot surgery and arthroscopic surgery on the knee, ankle, shoulder and elbow. Minimally invasive pain therapy for the spine. Acupuncture, manual medicine using chirotherapy and osteopathy. Expert witness for social security tribunals.
- Member of the German Professional Association of Orthopaedists and Traumatologists (BVOU)
- Member of the Arthroscopy Working Committee (AGA)
Dr. med. Stephen Alof
Specialist in surgery, traumatology, orthopaedics and traumatology; skeletal X-ray diagnosis, foot surgeon (German Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society, D.A.F.), chirotherapist (German Research Society for Arthrology and Chirotherapy, F.A.C.), emergency medicine
- Authorised to treat patients on behalf of occupational health and safety agencies (accident insurance consultant for the treatment of work-related accidents)
- Studied at Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, and Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main
- 1998–2003: Assistant in the General Surgery and Traumatology Department at Asklepios Paulinen Clinic, Wiesbaden
- 2003–2006: Specialist in the Orthopaedic and Traumatology Department at the Main-Taunus clinics in Bad Soden/Hofheim
- 2006–2010: Consultant in the Orthopaedic and Traumatology Department at Asklepios Paulinen Clinic, Wiesbaden
- 2010: Joined an orthopaedic, surgical and anaesthetic practice in Wiesbaden-Biebrich
- 2011: Relocation of the practice and establishment of the new practice “Orthopädie im Zentrum” in Asklepios Health Centre, Wiesbaden
Outpatient operations: hand and foot surgery, arthroscopy, general surgery.
Inpatient operations: endoprosthesis for large joints, surgical correction of the hindfoot.
Consulting physician to the Orthopaedic and Traumatology Department at Asklepios Paulinen Clinic, Wiesbaden.
Member of D.A.F. - Deutsche Assoziation für Fußchirurgie